Sunday, April 14, 2013

Kinky Curlys Knot Today Leave-in Conditioner and Kinky Curlys Curling Custard

Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave-in Conditioner



AH-MAZING. I'm not even going to do this in my regular list style. I'm going to tell you I love this stuff. Like   really, the slip is awesome and the texture is good. I say good as in it isn't some runny mess. I either regularly wash my hair or co-wash it, but it is automatically followed with KCKT. It makes my hair feel so lush, it's crazy. I probably use two quarter size amounts in my hair. I  only use this much because my hair is super thick and it helps my hair become so manageable.

However... the price is horrible. I consider myself  a frugal person, especially if it is my money. The price at Target is $11.99. On top of that it is 8oz. From research a lot of people put this in a spray bottle and mix it with water to stretch it out. Soooooooooo, that is what I plan to do.

Will I buy this product again? Yes, I definitely would. After reading this hair book (I will post it after I have completely read it) I found that my hair would greatly appreciate it if I found some staple products. In saying that KCKT has been the first leave-in my hair has really loved. And because I will be buying this again I will recommend this product too. My only request is that if you find a vendor with a cheaper price please please please tell me;) Thank you in advance.


Kinky-Curly Curling Custard



I will be honest I have a love and hate relationship with this stuff. I heart what it does. It seriously defines my curls. It makes them pop. A little goes a loooooooooong way so the life of this product (the way I use it anyway) will be very long. Before I bought this product I did my research on it and from almost ALL reviews it says you HAVE to use KCCC with KCKT. Kudos to Kinky-Curly; they knew exactly what they were doing when they did this. With that being said when I plan to use KCCC I make sure I have used KCKT first. I also double this product as an sealant. I figured with it being a gel and it providing some hold that would be a good idea. But if you think the KCKT makes your curls pop KCCC really makes your curls POP. I mean POP POP POPPIN *In my Teddy from ATL voice"

When using this product it's like a science experiment. You have to be really precise in the amount you use or you will get a clumpy.... but pretty... mess on your hands. Another drawback is the texture. It has like this goopy feel to it that make me always.... and I mean always.... have to run my fingers over the rim to remove the excess product from my fingers. The last con to this product is... you guessed it.... the price. At Target this product costs a whopping $16.99 and it is also 8oz. like its counterpart. The difference is like I said before it is going to have a long life.

I have really been wanting to use these two products since the beginning of the summer before last. The pricing made me hesitant and the fact that only Target sells it in my area doesn't make it any better. How I use them together is I regularly wash my hair and then I put the KCKT on my palm and rub it into my hair. I massage my scalp and then I comb my hair to distribute evenly. Following that I do the same with KCCC. My hair is also soaking wet when I use these products.

Will I buy KCCC again.... mmmmmm maybe. Only cause the life may be that long for me. Do I recommend it? Absolutely. If you can obviously see your curl pattern, but you have a lot of frizz when it is dry then KCCC if for you.

So What is your fav. leave-in.... How do you get your curls to pop?

No comments:

Post a Comment