Friday, October 5, 2012

So You Mad That You Can't Have Definition AND Elongation?



Here is a pet peeve of mine... Complaints about wanting to define curls and elongate them... *in my 2Chains voice* at the same damn time. *in wash and go's WnGs*

Well, let me sing you the songe of my people. That is unlikely to happen. I do understand where the thought comes from. When I was in transition looking at my natural hair I was like "I wish my pattern was more defined." and in the same breathe I would stretch it out and say "Wish it would show its length too." Sounds crazy, but I know I'm not the only one who has done that. Fast forward months and countless hair research and blog surfing I realized... this is unrealistic. So when I sit and see those same comments I have to say to myself... "Ash, you have been there. They probably just don't know what the terms really mean." So if you care to know, I'm going to give my best definition of the to words.

DEFINE/DEFINITION... of the curl

To define a curl's pattern is to have a stronger more visible natural solid curl pattern. Also little to no frizz. I think to define your curls ultimately means there will be shrinkage.

Elongation

Simply Put.. longer looking hair. I think to obtain elongation is going to mean less defined hair.

 
Final Thoughts
 
Definition and Elongation in a WnG cannot be obtained at the sametime. However while conquering one or the other you may be able to defeat the battle with frizz also.

No comments:

Post a Comment